March 28, 2010

Day 6

This weekend, after a change in plans, Brandon and I went camping.  It has been at least 3 years for both of us since we have taken a trip strictly with the intention of relaxing.  Granted, we have gone places, but there was always something we had to do, a conference to attend, or people we needed to see.  This time it was just us out in nature, doing whatever the hell we wanted!  It was a much needed break for both of us, and I am recharged and ready to take on the world.  I still kept up the challenge, too!  

The place we stayed was on a river and a big fishing area.  There were discarded fish everywhere, and lots of bones that had been picked clean and sun-bleached.  I found a fully intact fish spine and decided to break it apart and form it into something that could be worn on the finger.  

I broke pieces of the ribs off and inserted them into the vertebra to add directional movement as well as providing a way for the piece to be worn.  It sits atop the finger, so care must be used when wearing it.  It could easily fall off and is quite delicate.

My plan for while we were camping was to use the materials I found to create my wearable object each day.  I didn't bring anything from home to use, but instead searched out the unique materials that specifically referred to the place we stayed.  

Day 6
Ring
Fish Vertebra, Ribs
March 26, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment