March 21, 2010

Day 1

Here's my first piece of what will be 365 wearable objects between today and March of next year!
I have been collecting dryer lint on on and off again for about 4 years.  I don't know why, and I've never used it in any of my pieces, but I still collect it all the same.  I knew I had a stash of lint in a drawer, so for day one I've finally put it to use!  It's wrapped together with a waxed cord, probably cotton. 
I've used wrapping techniques in my work before, but using the dryer lint was a bit more difficult than I imagined it.  It falls apart easily, and has left my desk covered in a fine layer of dust. 
I need to get a better setup for photography at home.  I am the photographer (as well as adjunct faculty) for the Metals department at Southern Illinois University and have quite the setup there.  The head of the department, Paulette Myers, has generously given up her office and changed it into a photo booth.  I know I will not have time to shoot each new piece in the booth at the university, so I need to figure something out at home.  
Day 1
Ring
Dryer Lint, Waxed Cord
March 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment