March 28, 2010

Day 3

Day three of my challenge!  I went back to a material I use a lot in my work...wool felt.   As with most artists, I have a stash of unfinished parts waiting around to be put to use.  The yellow felt was one of those parts.  I had wet felted it into a long snake-like form and had set it aside.  For this ring I altered it's original form and added some needle felted detail, as well as bound it together with a waxed cord.

I have found that by doing this challenge, I am free to experiment with materials I am familiar with, but in new and different ways.  Because there is little time invested, I don't dwell on each step and I worry less about preserving the material.  I think too much about what I want to do and how I am going to go about doing it, but with this challenge I am freed in my thoughts to just "make." 

Day 3
Ring
Handmade wool felt, waxed cord
March 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment