Day 2 Ring is done! I decided to continue with the dryer lint, test its limits and see what I can make it do. Today I added multiple pieces of the lint together to add color contrast as well as textural contrast. The photos don't do it justice, but the tan lint has a lot more long fibers...probably from a towel. Of course, both colors are pretty much impregnated with animal fur and human hair. I believe most of this lint came from my mother, and as anyone who has animals knows, pet hair gets everywhere! I am looking forward to finding my other stash of lint....from the first wash of bright blue towels. I can't wait to start experimenting with this material further.
Dryer Lint, Cotton Cord
March 22, 2010