April 7, 2010

Day 17

I wanted to continue using the copper and craft wire I had used in a ring earlier this week, but in a new way.  I created a very rough and quickly formed vessel and using the basketry/textile technique of twining, created a small and delicate hollow form that sits on your finger.  It is strange for me to work with wire without soldering.  It's pretty exciting to just sit in my living room and create simple, more rough and less polished wearable pieces, but I feel these pieces would be more refined if I took the time to solder the structures first.  But, it is part of the challenge for myself to work in ways I am not necessarily comfortable with, so I think I will continue to explore more materials I have just laying around at my house.  It's exciting to see what I come up with using ordinary materials that most people overlook.
Day 17
Ring
Copper, Craft Wire
April 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment