April 5, 2010

Day 11

Today, I wanted to play with something other than the green thread I've been working with the past few days.  Continuing with the wrapping technique I've used previously, I used copper wire for the structure as well as the wrapping material.  Using the copper to create a more stable/sturdy form, I then added some of the green thread for color and textural contrast.  

                                                
I wanted to push the variations of line thickness as well.  I feel that by having different weights of line, as well as texture and color variations, the piece has more movement and interest.  Unlike my previous rings that were basically the same thickness throughout, this piece has areas of heavy wire contrasted with areas of thin, twisted wire.  I also used a liver of sulphur patina on the copper to heighten the contrast.

Day 11
Ring
Copper, Cotton/Rayon Blend Thread, Liver of Sulphur
March 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment