April 5, 2010

Day 12

For today's piece, I decided to simplify the form and increase the height of the ring.  I have been enjoying the smaller, more elaborate wrapped pieces, but I knew that with the techniques I'm using, the height could be increased so that it would stand off the finger even more.  This piece seems more "sprout"-like.  I think with the addition of other materials, a body of work based on growth and referencing plant-life could follow.  


I tried to get a shot of this piece being worn, but I was too shaky....I guess that's what happens when you shoot photos for almost a straight four hours!  I love shooting photos of my fellow artists pieces, but I need to take breaks I think.  By the end of the session I had a twitch in my eye and nose from squinting to look through the viewfinder.  
Day 12
Ring
Copper, Cotton/Rayon Blend Thread
April 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment